Article body analysed
By JIM FOULERTON Published: 09: 23 AEDT, 30 November 2025 | Updated: 09: 23 AEDT, 30 November 2025 9 View comments He may have dropped down a few levels in football terms but former Newcastle and Liverpool striker Andy Carroll has not lost his touch in front of goal. Carroll, once the foil for the unstoppable Luis Suarez at Anfield, rolled back the years and smashed home a brilliant first-half hat-trick for Dagenham & Redbridge in the sixth tier. The National League South team is where the 36-year-old striker now calls home and he is beginning to feel right at home there, playing with a smile on his face once again. Carroll, capped nine times by England, scored his first goal after six minutes against AFC Totton on Saturday and added a second after 18 minutes. The hat-trick arrived just after the half hour mark as Carroll cushioned the ball before beating the keeper. Carroll, with six goals now for the season, posted: ‘Thanks for the support today, buzzing with my hat-trick and the three points. What a win. Let’s keep it going. ’ Andy Carroll bagged a hat trick for Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday afternoon Andy Carroll, the former Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham striker, is now in the sixth tier Carroll has moved to England with new partner Lou Teasdale after splitting with Billi Mucklow You do wonder, what would Liverpool give for the Andy Carroll from his heyday? Or certainly the combination he formed with Uruguayan dynamo Suarez. It has been a turbulent time for the maverick Geordie, with Carroll fined a week ago after filming an anti-immigration protest while driving in Epping last summer. Carrol pleaded guilty to the offence at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court and was ordered to pay £1, 052 in a fine, costs and surcharge. ‘He says he was filming the Epping protests, ’ the court records stated. Carroll's lawyers said this was so he could prove to a friend why he was running late. Any fine could be comfortably met after Carroll and ex girlfriend Billi Mucklow's home went on the market for £8million. The estranged couple had a buyer lined up for the stunning six-bedroom home in Essex, which was once owned by Sir Rod Stewart. They were set to be in for a massive windfall after purchasing the 18th century property which boasts 25 acres of land, a football pitch and a lake, six years ago from the singer for £4. 1million. They had reportedly agreed a deal for £8. 5million in June - which would have meant a £4. 4million profit and the warring exes could finally move on. The property has now been listed by luxury estate agents Savills for £8million, which is a £1/2 million reduction from the previously agreed sale. It's likely that both parties will be keen for a quick sale to move on, especially as Andy is now in a relationship with celebrity hair stylist Lou Teasdale.
Share what you think
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mail Online.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your Mail Online comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to Mail Online as usual. Do you want to automatically post your Mail Online comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to Mail Online as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on Mail Online. To do this we will link your Mail Online account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
